Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week Three - Long Run

Friday was a rest day, but since I did nothing on Wednesday, I figured I'd better work out. So I did the P90X legs and back workout. It was harder than I remember and my legs were sore!!

Saturday was 40 minutes of XT, so Pat, B and I walked at a brisk clip for 50 minutes, which I was happy about. I was incredibly nervous for the 5 mile run ... but kinda excited too. I guess I was very anticipatory!

I planned on running along the bike trail, so Pat dropped me off this morning which was excellent. My plan had been to run 17/17/16, so make up the 50 minutes. I wore my Patt Strap for the first time and as I set out, I felt great. I think I must have been running really slowly but I felt fantastic. I was SO happy. I ended up running 30 minutes, walking 5 minutes and running another 23. I couldn't believe it! I actually wanted to keep running at 30 minutes, but decided it probably wasn't the best idea ... I started feeling my ITB on the second leg of the run, but it was okay. I really cannot believe that I ran 5 miles - I am SOO happy!! I really don't think that I have run that far since college. It makes me feel like a million bucks. The weather was close to perfect, which I definitely think had something to do with it because it just felt easy. Which compared to the way I felt on Thursday, it was like I was a different person. I wonder how slowly I was really running, because I felt that good ... I ran extra at the end too, so I know I did at least 5 miles. YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment