Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week Five

My ITB was sore this week, so I didn't do the 4 mile run I was supposed to on Tuesday. This is the first time that my knee really hurt going down stairs - that sharp pain was back, so I babied my knee and am glad that I did!

Wednesday, Pat, B and I did a 45 minute trail walk, which was great - we were down the Cape.

Thursday, I got up early and took B to the bike path. It was a perfect morning weather-wise. We ran for 45 minutes, and I felt amazing. I timed myself at one point using the mile markers on the trail, and according to that ran a 9-minute mile at least for one mile. That doesn't actually make a whole lot of sense to me, because I don't run that fast. I was thinking that maybe it was marking KM, but 9 minutes for .6 miles doesn't make sense either. So who knows, but either way, I felt great and definitely ran a negative split, which makes me happy :)

I decided to do my long run on Saturday, because we had a wedding on Sunday. I ran 6 miles in 61 minutes - with NO stopping to walk! I was so freaking happy :) I ran in Canton and did an out and back route, and it was great. There is a hill by the high school that almost killed me, but I saw Andrea and Phil right afterwards and that kinda kept me going. And, I talk to Brienna and that helps too. I swear she picks me up as I'm running. 6 miles is a big milestone for me. I'm not sure I've ever run 6 miles, and definitely not all at once. So YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment