Saturday, January 14, 2012

Days 12-14

Otherwise known as, when everything went to shit.

1.12.12
I stayed late at work, so didn't get home until after 3:30 this morning.  Pete is still not sleeping great and was up before 7.  So less than 3 hours of sleep and a baby that no longer naps ruined me.  So I did nothing. Except 10 pushups.  But I'm not sure that counts.

1.13.12
I wanted to walk before work, but Pete was up at 4:30 and I couldn't get him back down til 5:30 and then he was up at 7.   And of course didn't nap at all in the morning.  So again, I did nothing.

1.14.12
NOTHING.  I am a lazy piece of a$$!  I feel like absolute crap today - my ITB/hip is killing me, I can barely keep my eyes open and I think I might be getting my period for the first time in 20 months.

This is what I feared, and why I wanted to challenge myself with a streak in the first place.  I miss one day, and it just snowballs from there.  It's the same with my eating.  I am one of those people who tries to eat well, but if I mess up during the day, I say "screw it" and don't care the rest of the day.  I've also found that as I pay more attention to myself and my habits, I realize I'm a very emotional eater, which is interesting because when Brienna died, P had to remind me to eat - it just didn't occur to me to do so.  So maybe I'm more of a frustrated eater ... I get snack-y when I'm irritated or exhausted and just let myself go.  I need to learn that it's okay to "mess up" but that when I do, I need to let it go and continue with my original plan.

I'm still going to keep track of everything for the month of January.  I've already surpassed my mileage total for December and it's still early in the month.  I'm planning on a longish run tomorrow (4-5 miles) and I'm actually really looking forward to it.  One thing I have been good with is tracking my food intake on MyFitnessPal; I like the accountability and at a very basic level, it just makes me think about what I'm eating.  I wanted McDonald's breakfast the other day (the less than 3 hours of sleep after a 20 hour day morning) but when I checked, it was close to 1000 calories.  Wisely, I decided against it.  I've also been drinking more water and am generally just paying attention to what goes in my body.

Plus, I have some serious motivation to stay active and eat healthy ... P and I booked our trip to St. Maarten for his best friend's wedding in June - woo hoo!  I want to feel confident and I know that when I'm in running shape and feel strong, I feel confident.  So, that's my spiel.  Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment