Monday, June 1, 2009

Prayers Answered

I was dreading going into the hospital tonight. Absolutely dreading it. I didn't want to have to be there overnight, only to potentially not even progress far enough to be moved to labor and delivery tomorrow morning. I hate being out of my comfort zone and I hated that I wouldn't be able to be in my own bed with P and Toot ... I got a phone call today from one of the nurses at the MFM clinic saying that they were "busting at the seams" and would I be willing to come in, get the Cervidil tonight, but go home and wait until they call me in the morning when they have a room available. I felt like a weight had been lifted. I am more than okay with that! And so is P ... we were in the car together when we got the news and he said, oh good, I was having a hard time thinking about how to kidnap you :) One more night at home feels like a gift ... and it gives Toot just a little more time to come on her terms ...

I am not sure I ever posted about my NILMDTS photographer, but I have a saved post somewhere and will eventually. She did maternity pictures for us and we loved her. We got our pictures and they were amazing. This was about 5 weeks ago and I've emailed her several times but heard nothing and couldn't figure out what happened, or if we did something or if she just wasn't interested anymore. I called her today in one last attempt to let her know we were being induced tomorrow. I didn't hear back from her and was really sad. As P and I walked in the door from the hospital, the phone was ringing. It was her! And she was so apologetic about not getting back to me but said she is available tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday and will wait for our call because she would love to photograph Toot when she arrives. I am elated. I had so wanted her to be there and now she will. It's one less thing to worry about, and it feels like things are falling into place. That can only be the work of God, and I am so appreciative.

As for the hospital, it was totally fine. My nurse for the short time I was there was so nice and as she was about to leave the room, she stopped and came back over me and said, I just want you to know that I read your birth plan, and congratulations on your amazing baby. She started to cry, then apologized for crying and of course I started crying and told her it was okay, but it's just so comforting to be in good hands. The MD who inserted the Cervidil told me that they have a "special nurse" lined up for me tomorrow, so it seems like we'll be in good hands then too.

So thank you prayer warriors ... from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I just commented on your previous post, but now I know specifically how to pray for you tonight! Praise God that you are able to spend one more night at home with your Hubs & Toot. There are many things I will be specifically praying for you tomorrow, too long to list, but I know just what to ask for since our delivery was only 2 weeks ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just put all that energy into lil Toot! Your prayer to me will be taking care of you and Toot! I will be checking in wherever I am at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that they have a special nurse lined up for you. Our nurse volunteered to be there for us, and she was amazing, so it sounds like you'll be in the same situation. I'm so happy for you in that respect. Prayers have been answered!

    ReplyDelete