Friday, July 9, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Pat and I were driving home last night when Somewhere Over the Rainbow (the Israel Kamakawiwo version) came on. As tears started welling up in my eyes, Pat said, "this song makes me sad." I started sobbing at that point and cried almost the whole way home. Sometimes, I just cannot believe that Brienna is gone. That we are surviving this. It's incredible how the pain is still so acute. How I ache for her. We talked so much on the ride home. We talked about getting tattoos, something we've talked about since June 2, 2009 but never did anything about. This time, we really talked about it. We talked about what they'd say, where they'd be. And I think we might do it. Together. Which makes me happy. I want to be marked on the outside, because I am certainly marked on the inside.

I love you and I miss you so much Brienna Marie ...

No comments:

Post a Comment