Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hope

Brienna taught me about the power of hope. I constantly look back to June 2 and am amazed at how hopeful we remained. I was smiling all day, hopeful that we would have time. That Brienna would be born alive. I look back and cannot believe how calm I appeared on the outside. The pictures of me that day are almost happy-looking. In a way, it makes sense. I was about to give birth! In and of itself, that is an amazing accomplishment. Despite the fear and uncertainty, we were hopeful. All day. We remained hopeful up until that fateful minute when they told us Brienna didn't have a heartbeat.

It would be easy to feel betrayed by that hope, yet we clung to it. And still do. I cling to the hope that Brienna didn't suffer. I hope that some day, we will be reunited again. That I will get to hold her, kiss her, hug her and love on her in ways I didn't get to here on Earth.

Brienna taught me about the power of hope ... it's a lesson I am glad I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment