Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week Six

This week went pretty well. The schedule increased this week and looked like this:
Monday - stretch and strengthen
Tuesday - 4.5 miles
Wednesday - 3 miles or XT
Thursday - 4.5 miles and strengthen
Friday - REST
Saturday - XT
Sunday - 7 miles

My run on Tuesday was tough. I ran about 25 minutes and then just felt so tired that I walked a little bit. That definitely helped and I still finished my run in less than 45 minutes. I woke up not feeling like running, but a little white butterfly showed up and gave me inspiration. Towards the end of my run, I another white butterfly floated by, giving me the strength to finish - thank you Brienna :)

Thursday's run was great. Felt much more refreshed, ran the 4.5 in a little less than 43 minutes. Not too bad!!

I did my long run on Saturday (9 miles!!), and did it on the treadmill because it was pouring out. The treadmill I was on had a 60 minute time limit which sucked. At 35 minutes, I felt like I was dying. When the 60 minutes was up, I walked for 5 and then ran another 30. I did 9.2 in 90 minutes, or something like that. At least 9 miles in 90 minutes, which I'll take. I didn't have the same elation I had last week, because this just felt so much harder. My legs felt like jello, but I guess the main thing is that I finished! So I am definitely happy about that.

I have been doing absolutely nothing in terms of strength training, so need to work on that this week. Especially my legs, but my arms are losing muscle too and I am mad about that.

On a side note, I wore my skinny jeans this weekend! And got several compliments. I also wore a dress today and had a bunch of people say that I looked great. So, I am happy about that. I'd so much rather have Brienna here, but I'll take what I can, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment